We are enormously proud of what we have achieved over the years and thought it appropriate that we list some of those achievements for you to read about. Providing the very best care is at the core of what we do and we believe our achievements help to recognise this.
- Awarded an overall ‘GOOD’ rating our most recent CQC (Care Quality Commission) Inspection.
- Regional finalists at the 2013 Great British Care Awards that saw staff competing in the Dignity in Care category, Dementia Carer category, and Nutrition and Hydration category.
- Best overall health and social care provider at the Bury LINK (now Bury Health Watch) 2012 Rate Our Service Awards as well as best overall Nursing Home. The Awards were voted for by the general public and based on more than 38,000 ratings. We beat local hospitals, GP surgeries as well as other care homes to come top!
- Achieving 100% in our most recent Quality Assurance visit as assessed by Bury Clinical Commissioning Group.
- One of the first care homes in the country to adopt SPECAL (Specialised Early Care for Alzheimer’s), a programme which aimed to provide minimal medication and a more tailored and holistic approach to caring for our residents.
- Previous Home Manager Collette Conway winning the Manager of the Year Award at the inaugural Bury MBC Adult Social Care 2010 Awards Ceremony as well as finalist in the Innovator of the Year category at the Awards for her work to reduce the amount of medication administered to residents at the Home.
- Awarded an ‘Excellent’ quality rating by the CQC (Care Quality Commission).
- Receiving the top 5-rating award from the Food Standards Agency for food hygiene.
- Continuous professional development of staff including senior management successfully completing their Institute of Leadership and Management Level 5 Awards and seeing other staff complete their Level 3 Awards.